(American poet, Activist)
|Age:||23 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||March 07, 1998|
|Full Name:||Amanda Gorman|
|Birth Place:||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Net Worth:||$2 million (estimated)|
|Height / How tall :||5 feet 5 inches (1.65m)|
|Profession:||American poet, Activist|
|Mother's Name:||Joan Wicks|
|Lucky Color:||Sea Green|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Cancer, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer|
Relationship Facts of Amanda Gorman
- Amanda Gorman is not having an affair with anyone presently.
- Her sexual orientation is straight.
More about the relationship
Amanda Gorman’s current relationship status is Single. To date, she has not given any insights into having any love affairs.
Presently, it seems that she is more focused on her career rather than in love life. In further days if she revealed anything regarding her love life then we will update it.
Who is Amanda Gorman?
Amanda Gorman is a renowned American poet and activist. She is the first person who held the title of the National Youth Poet Laureate in the United States.
Gorman widely recognized for her work who acted on the issue of feminism, race, oppression, marginalization, and the African diaspora.
Amanda Gorman: Age, Family, Siblings, Ethnicity
Amanda was born on the 7th of March in 1998, in Los Angeles, California. Her full name is Amanda Sarah Chase Gorman. At present, she is 23 years old and her Zodiac sign is Pisces.
Gorman was raised by her single mother named Joan Wicks. Her mother is a 6th grade English teacher in Watts. She holds an American nationality and is of African-American ethnicity.
Amanda has a twin sister named Gabrielle who is also an activist and filmmaker. She has also another sister whose name is not known at the moment.
Education & Early Life
Amanda studied at New Roads, a private school in Santa Monica for k-12. Afterward, she received a scholarship from Milken Family Foundation college.
In 2020, she graduated cum laude from Harvard College in sociology as a member of Phi Beta. Similarly, she studies her semester in Madrid, Spain supported by IES Abroad in 2019.
Talking about her early life, she described herself at a young as a ‘weird child’ who enjoyed reading and writing and was encouraged by her mother. She grew up in a limited television access environment.
Amanda Gorman: Professional Life, Career
- In 2016, Amanda established the nonprofit organization One Pen One Page, a youth writing and leadership program. Firstly, Gorman was inspired by Pakistani Nobel Prize laureate Malala Yousafzai to come out as a youth advocate.
- Her first poetry book title The One for Over the last two years was released in 2015. Similarly, she became the first author to be featured on XQ Institute’s Book of the month in 2017.
- In September 2017, she performed at the inauguration of Tracy K.Smit as Poet Laureate of the United States. Similarly, she presents her poem, ‘The Hill We Climb’ at Joe Biden’s Inauguration on January 20, 2021.
- Gorman has released several books such as The One for Whom Food Is Not Enough (2015), The Hill We Climb: Poems(2021), The Hill We Climb: An Inaugural Poem for the Country (2021), Change Sings: A Children’s Anthem(2021).
- Recently, she starred in an episode of the web series, Some Good News hosted by John Krasinski. In the show, she virtually meets Oprah Winfrey and issued a virtual commencement speech.
Awards & Achievement
- Amanda won OZY Genius Award and a $10,000 grant in 2017.
- In 2018, she named one of Glamour magazine’s college women of the year.
- She listed on The Root’s Young Futurists in 2019.
- Lately, she listed in the 2021 Time magazine in Time 100 Next under the category of Phenoms.
To date, Amanda has not been part of any sorts of rumors and disputes that create headlines in the media. However, she is hypersensitive to sound because she has an auditory processing disorder.
During childhood, she also had a speech impediment, a type of communication disorder where normal speech is disrupted.
Amanda Gorman: Net Worth, Salary
As of 2021, Gorman has an estimated above $2 million of net worth throughout her prolific career. However, the exact figure of her yearly income and other assets hasn’t yet disclosed.
Body Measurement: Height, Weight
Amanda stands at the height of 5 feet 5 inches whereas her weight is around 55 kg. She has beautiful black pair of eyes and black hair as well. Moreover, she wears a 35 C bra cup size and her shoe size is 5 (US).
Amanda has a verified social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. She has more than 989k followers on her Facebook page.
Similarly, she is active on Instagram with nearly 3.7m followers. She has over 1.5m on her Twitter account. On her Instagram, she follows the personality like Arina Grande, Blair Imani, Chris Evans, and more.
- At present, she is 23 years old.
- Her Zodiac sign is Pisces.