Quick Facts of Bill McKibben
|Age:||60 years 10 months|
|Birth Date:||December 08, 1960|
|Full Name:||Bill McKibben|
|Birth Place:||Palto Alto, California|
|Salary:||$24k - $103k|
|Father's Name:||Gordon McKibben|
|Mother's Name:||Peggy McKibben|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius|
|Last Update:||September, 2021|
|View more / View fewer|
What are we going to develop that replaces Iowa?
We may be entering the high-stakes endgame on climate change. The pieces - technological and perhaps political - are finally in place for rapid, powerful action to shift us off fossil fuel. Unfortunately, the players may well decide instead to simply move pawns back and forth for another couple of decades, which would be fatal. Even more unfortunately, the natural world is daily making it more clear that the clock ticks down faster than we feared. The whole game is very nearly in check.
Relationship Facts of Bill McKibben
- Bill McKibben is married to Sue Halpern.
- He is father of One (Sophie).
- Bill McKibben is not having an affair with anyone presently.
- His sexual orientation is straight.
More about the relationship
Bill McKibben is married to the writer, Sue Halpern. Their wedding took place in 1988.
When he first met the love of his life, he was in the struggling phase of his life. At the time, he was running as a homeless. However, the couple made through a hard time. During the meantime, their love bond grew more strong.
They completed their family in 1993 with their daughter, Sophie.
Who is Bill McKibben?
American Bill McKibben is Lannan Literary Awards winning Author and Environmentalist. McKibben is renowned as the author of The Return of the Wolf.
He also a member of the advisory council of the National Center for Science Education.
Last, in 2019, he published the book, Falter: Has the Human Game Begun to Play Itself Out?
Bill McKibben- Birth, Age, Parents, Ethnicity
He was born as William Ernest McKibben on the 8th of December 1960 in Palo Alto, California, U.S. He is Irish-Scottish ancestry.
His father Gordon was a business editor and writer by profession and his mother’s name was Peggy McKibben.
His family moved to Lexington, Massachusetts from Palo Alto.
In 1978, Bill graduated from a High School in Lexington. During High School, he used to write for a local newspaper. Also, he was active in debate competitions.
In 1978, he joined Harvard College. During college days, he became the editor of the student newspaper, The Harvard Crimson and later he also became a president of paper.
Moving forward, in 1982, he graduated from college.
Bill McKibben- Professional Career
After graduating, Bill McKibben worked as a writer for the Magazine, The New Yorker. He continued his job for five years. After that, he became a freelance writer.
As a freelancer, his writing content was mostly related to climatic change in the world. In 1988, he published the commentary for The New York Reviews of Books with the name, Is the World Getting Hotter?
Moving forward, he started making regular appearances as a contributor for publications like The New York Times, The Atlantic, Harper’s, Orion and Mother Jones.
In 1989, he published his first book, The End of Nature. Following the book, he has published more than two dozens. Some of his books along with the year and the publication are-
|2018||The Trails of the Adirondacks||Rizzoli International Publications|
|2011||Lewis and the Lighthouse||Just Write Books|
In 2007 his book, Deep Economy: the Wealth of Communities and the Durable Future became the national bestseller.
– Apart from being an author, he is also one of the most recognized environmentalists. In 2007, he started a nationwide environmental campaign. The campaign drew attention towards global warming.
– After in 2008, he led the new organization, 350.org. The international organization addresses the climatic change and fossil fuel degradation. During the campaigns, he personally quoted that he believes that the use of the nuclear power plant should increase.
– In 2010, he was one of the environmentalists who stood against the Keystone Pipeline System.
– On the 21st of May 2014, he wrote an article for the magazine, Rolling Stone. Later, it appeared in the print as A Call to Arms. Through the article, he invited the readers for the People’s Climate March that took place from 20th to 21st September.
– He has also been the part of the documentaries that raises the current scenario environmental situation. That includes How to Let Go of the World and Love All the Things Climate Can’t Change, Revolution, and Blind Spot.
Bill’s Awards, Nomination
- 1993- Awarded with Guggenheim Fellowship, Lyndhurst Fellowship.
- 2000- Lannan Literary Awards for non-fiction.
- 2010- Puffin/Nation Prize for Creative Citizenship.
- 2012- John Muir Awards by Sierra Club.
- 2013- Sophie Prize.
Net Worth, Salary
Through his career as a writer for more than 25 years, Bill has made a net worth of $2 million. His earnings as a writer are in the range of $24k – $103k.
Bill McKibben’s Controversy, Rumors
Till the date, this writer has not been part of any sort of controversy that created headlines in the media.
Body Measurement: Height, Weight
Bill McKibben is brown eyes with light hair. He has an average height and weight.
Social Media Presence
Bill is active on Twitter since February 2009, with the handle, @billmckibben. On the account, he has over 368.9k followers.
On Twitter, he is following the personalities like Joanie Lemercier, Mike Camerlengo, and Sarah Kaplan.
However, he is not active on Facebook and Instagram.
- His father was arrested for supporting protests of Vietnam Veterans against the war.