Celebrities who continue to live their humble lives even after the fame and money!
Celebrities gain fame but along with that they also get fat paychecks. They invariably accumulate a lot of wealth and for most of them, this changes their lifestyle as well. But the fame and wealth do not transform all. There are many who never forget their roots and continue to lead the frugal lives they were when they were not so rich and famous. Let us go through the names of some of these high-profile people and know their rationale behind such thinking!
- Halle Berry-Halle Berry is a celebrated award-winning American actress who though rich prefers to lead a life like a normal person. She travels in public transport and buys groceries with her kids. She once said:
“I am very thankful for my good fortune, but one of my biggest fears is that I could lose it all,”
- Kate Middleton-The Duchess of Cambridge wears elegant but extremely simple dresses. Even during social events, she is in quite a simple wear. She also has been noticed to be wearing the same dress on several occasions.
- Matthew McConaughey-Matthew does romantic comedies and used to live in a trailer during his struggling days. Even after he got millions of money, he continued to be in that and did not buy a big mansion for himself. He said that the trailer reminds him about the minimalism of his life and a big house would demand a lot of attention and energy which he might as well utilize in something more constructive and meaningful.
- Keanu Reeves-Keanu Reeves makes a decent amount through his movie projects. This actor does not believe in splurging on his wealth. He buys his clothes from sales, uses the public transport, and rests on a park bench rather than in a lavish and expensive restaurant lobby.
“Money is the last thing I think about. I could live on what I have already made for the next few centuries,”
- Julia Roberts-Julia Roberts is one of the most accomplished and popular actresses of Hollywood but this talented lady prefers to lead a modest life. She had once said that her favorite hair treatment is a simple shampoo for her hairs from a hotel. She is seen in simple and modest outfits at social events and at home knits woolen for her kids. She also grows organic veggies in her house’s back garden.
- Jennifer Lopez-Jennifer Lopez is an extremely rich singer with a net worth of around $ 34 million. But she shocked everyone when she wore a $ 26 lacy dress for an episode of American Idol.
- Tori Spelling-The 1990s star Tori Spelling sold off her mansion and purchased a bungalow for herself and her family. She feels that the bungalow is the best place for her 5 kids. She grows vegetables and fruits in her garden and also has a chicken called Coco and a mini-pig called Nutmeg.
- Ingvar Kamprad-This IKEA founder is one of the richest persons with a fortune of $ 45 million. But he has not changed his lifestyle with the coming in of wealth. He stays in a modest way and drives his 1993 Volvo. He still travels economy class. He feels that the habit to buy expensive stuff is a bad habit and prefers to remain simple and humble in his daily life. He is named Mr. Scrooge by many but it does not trouble him since he is happy with himself and his life.