Jon Cryer is an American actor, producer and played a lead in a comedy series, Two and a Half Men. Jon is married to an entertainment reporter with two kids.
Facts of Jon Cryer
|Full Name:||Jon Cryer|
|Age:||55 years 2 months|
|Birth Date:||April 16, 1965|
|Birth Place:||New York City, New York|
|Net Worth:||$65 million|
|Salary:||$650 per episode|
|Height / How tall :||5 feet 9 inches (1.75m)|
|Father's Name:||Donald David Cryer|
|Mother's Name:||Gretchen Cryer-Kiger|
|Education:||Bronx High School of Science|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Jon Cryer|
Relationship Statistics of Jon Cryer
|What is Jon Cryer marital status ? (single, married, in relation or divorce):||Married|
|When did Jon Cryer get married ? (married date):||June 16, 2007|
|How many children does Jon Cryer have ? (name):||Two (Daisy, Charlie)|
|Is Jon Cryer having any relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is Jon Cryer gay ?:||No|
|Who is Jon Cryer wife ? (name): View Couple Comparison|
More about the relationship
Jon Cryer is married to the entertainment reporter, Lisa Joyner.
The wedding took place on the 16th of June 2007 at the Chapel of Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in Cabo San Lucas Mexico. At the wedding, Cryer wore a white tuxedo. Where the bridge was wearing an A-line Empire waist Monique Lhuillier gown designed by Reem Acra.
In February 2007, they announced that they were engaged in the talk show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
As of now, the couple is living a happy life with their daughter, Daisy Cryer. On the 29th of September 2009, they adopted Daisy.
Previously, he was married to the British actress, Sarah Trigger in 1999. Together, they have a son, Charlie Austin. However, they divorced in 2004.
- 1 Who is Jon Cryer?
- 2 Jon Cryer- Birth, Age, Ethnicity, Parents, Siblings
- 3 Jon Cryer- Professional Life, Career
- 4 Jon Cryer- Net Worth, Salary
- 5 Jon Cryer’s Controversy, Rumors
- 6 Body Measurements: Height, Weight
- 7 Social Media Profiles
Who is Jon Cryer?
American Jon Cryer is two times Primetime Emmy Award-winning actor and producer. Cryer is renowned as Alan Harpen of Two and a Half Men, and Duckie of Pretty in Pink.
Last, he appeared in the TV series, Supergirl as Lex Luthor.
Jon Cryer- Birth, Age, Ethnicity, Parents, Siblings
He was born Jonathan Niven Cryer on the 16th of April 1965 in New York City, New York.
His father, Donald David Cryer is a veteran American actor known for The Phantom of the Opera. Also, his mother, Gretchen Cryer-Kiger is a Playwright and actress by profession.
He is of British-Scandinavia-Irish-Wales ethnicity and has two sisters, Robin and Shelly.
Cryer’s Education & Early Life
In 1983, he graduated from the Bronx High School of Science. Also, he has attended a short course in Shakespeare from the Royal Academy of Dramatis Art in London.
At the age of 12, he had already set his mind to be an actor. For pursuing it, he used to attend Stagedoor Manor during his summer vacations. From the teenage, he had developed a very keen interest in acting.
Jon Cryer- Professional Life, Career
– Jon Cryer started his acting career professionally from the Broadway play, Torch Song Trilogy.
– At the age of 19, he got his big debut in the movie with No Small Affair. In the movie, he portrayed the character of Charles Cummings. After that, he started making an appearance in the TV series and films in minor roles.
– His career took a turn for the good where the featured the movie, Pretty IN Pink as Duckie. His performance in the movie who highly appreciated by the viewers.
– Moving forward, he appeared in the movies including Hiding Out, Dudes, and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.
– In 1989, he was cast in the comedy TV series The Famous Teddy Z as teddy Zakalokis. However, the series did not receive good reviews that caused the show to be stopped.
– After the series till the date, he has appeared more than 35 TV series. Some of his TV series along with the character name and the year are-
|Year||TV Series||Character Name|
|2003-2015||Two and a Half Men||Alan Harper|
|2003||Hey Joel||Joel Stein|
|1998||Getting Personal||Sam Wagner|
– Apart from acting, he is also involved in the production works. As a producer, he has produced the series and movies like Went to Coney Island on a Mission from God… Be Back by Five, Getting Personal, and The Pompatus of Love.
– Also, he has also directed some episodes of the Two and a Half Men. In 2015, he published his book, So That Happened: A Memoir under the publication house Penguin Publishing Group.
Jon Cryer’s Awards, Nominations
- 2012, 2009- Primetime Emmy for Two and a Half Men.
- 1998- Audience Award at Austin Film Festival.
- 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011- Nominated for Primetime Emmy.
Jon Cryer- Net Worth, Salary
Through his acting career more than three decades, he has made the hasty net worth of $65 million. While talking about his earnings, he charges around $650k per episode.
Besides that, he also makes through his production and direction works.
Box Office Collection
Some of his box office along with movies, the year is-
|Year||Movies||Box Office Collection (USD)|
|1984||No Small Affair||$4.9 million|
|2009||Stay Cool||$4.5 million|
Jon Cryer’s Controversy, Rumors
In 2012, his co-star, Molly Ringwald told that his character seems a little bit gayish. In the matter, the actor claimed that he has had to live with Gaydars.
The same year, his wife, Lisa Joyner told in the talk show, Jeff Probst during their dating, she wondered if he is gay as he never kissed her.
No Small Affair’s co-star, Demi Moore disclosed that the actor, Jon lost his virginity when they were filming the No Small Affair.
However, the actor took his Twitter account and told that he didn’t lose his virginity to the actress. Also, he mentioned that he lost his virginity when he was in High School.
Body Measurements: Height, Weight
Jon Cryer has hazel eyes with light brown hair. His height is 5 feet and 9 inches and weighs around 75 kg.
Social Media Profiles
Jon has over 275.9k followers on Twitter and around 22.9k followers on Facebook. But he is not active on Instagram.
On Twitter, he is following the personalities like Ben Riley Smith, Chris Stein, and Elizabeth Warren.