Facts of José Altuve
|Age:||31 years 2 months|
|Birth Date:||May 06, 1990|
|Full Name:||José Altuve|
|Birth Place:||Maracay, Venezuela|
|Net Worth:||$20 million|
|Height / How tall :||5 feet 6 inches (1.68m)|
|Father's Name:||Carlos Altuve|
|Mother's Name:||Lastenia Linares|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of José Altuve|
Relationship Statistics of José Altuve
|What is José Altuve marital status ? (single, married, in relation or divorce):||Married|
|When did José Altuve get married ? (married date):||November 20, 2006|
|💑 Anniversary in 114 days 💑|
|How many children does José Altuve have ? (name):||One (Melanie A. Altuve)|
|Is José Altuve having any relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is José Altuve gay ?:||No|
|Who is José Altuve wife ? (name): View Couple Comparison|
More about the relationship
José Altuve is married to Nina Altuve. His wife, Nina is an alumna of the University of Carabobo in Venezuela.
The couple met each other in their teen days and started dating each other. After dating each other for a long time, they eventually got married on 20th November 2006. Together, the couple is blessed with a baby girl, Melanie A. Altuve (b. 2016).
Who is José Altuve?
Venezuelan José Altuve is a League Championship Series Most Valuable Player Award-winning baseball player. Altuve is popular for right-handed batter and thrower.
Currently, he plays for Houston Astros.
José Altuve- Birth Age, Parents, Ethnicity, Siblings, Education
José Altuve was born José Carlos Altuve on 6th May 1990 in Maracay, Venezuela. He is of British-Irish ethnicity.
He is the son of Lastenia Linares (mother) and Carlos Altuve (mother). His father, Carlos Altuve Sr. is a professional engineer. Currently, he is retired. He a younger brother. Details on his academics are not available.
Since his childhood, he was in love with baseball. At the age of seven, he met his future major leaguer, Salvador Perez.
José Altuve- Professional Career
– He started his career with Houston Astros’ camp at the age of 16. However, he was rejected for the first time as the team’s scouts declined to participate at the camp due to his short height as they were suspicious regarding his age. Eventually, he attended the camp as his father submitted his birth certificates.
– On 6th March 2007, he signed with the club as an undrafted free agent with $15k as his bonus. Later, he played in the Venezuelan Summer League with a hit of .343. The following that, he moved to States and started playing for Greenville Astros in the minor league, Rookie-level Appalachian League. Following that, he played for New York-Penn League, South Atlantic League.
– In July 2011, he got promoted to the major league representing the Astros for the All-Star Future Game. Also, he got named as the second baseman on Baseball America’s 2011 Minor League All-Star Team. On 13 July 2013, he signed four years contract that worth $12.5 million including a $750k bonus in 2013. The year, he completed the season with .280 hitting scores with 21 stolen bases and 15 doubles with 28 RBL.
– In 2014, he came into the limelight after playing a game against the Detroit Tigers. In the match, he was named as the 1st MVP. At the time, he became the 1st MVP since 1933 have 130 hits and 40 stolen.
– On 11th September 2015, he had his 800th career hit. With that, he reached the then-career-high with 15 home runs and 66 RBL.
– In 2018, he signed a one-year contract with the team. The following year, he completed his 100th home run off in his career against New York Yankees Pitcher, Jonathan Loaisiga. In May 2019, he was placed on the injured list. In the 2019 World Series, he hit .303 with one RBI and no home runs.
José Altuve- Net Worth, Salary
As of 2020, he has an estimated net worth of $20 million. His current salary as a second baseman of Houston Astros is in the range of $29 million including a $26 million base salaries and $3 million as signing amount.
- 2013- Signed four-year contract with Houston Astros worth $12.5 million.
- 2017, 2018- Signed one-year contract with Astros worth $6 million and $6.5 million respectively.
Body Measurements: Height & Weight
He has black eyes with black hair. He stands at a height of 5 feet and 6 inches making him the shortest active MLB layer. Also, he weighs around 75 kg.
Controversy & Rumors
He created quite a suspicion if he is wearing a signal transmitting buzzer during the 2019 American League Championship series. After hitting a home run that led the team to victory, he clutched his collar as he rounded the third base yelling Don’t Rip My Shirt.
Due to this reason, people suspected that if he used a signal transmitting buzzer to detect the ball. However, his teammate, Carlos Correa offered two explanations for the jersey controversy. First says that Jose’s wife told him earlier year never to do so. The Later states that he has an unfinished tattoo on his left collarbone which was really bad and he didn’t want to expose it.
José Altuve- Instagram, Twitter
He has 1.4 million followers on Instagram and 236.8k on Twitter.
On Instagram, he is following the personalities like Nick Kyrgios, Nick Tanielu, and Dominika Cibulkova.