Facts of Nina Chanel Abney
|Age:||39 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||June 04, 1982|
|Full Name:||Nina Chanel Abney|
|Birth Place:||Harvey, Illinois, United States|
|Profession:||American professional painter|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius, Libra|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Nina Chanel Abney|
Relationship Statistics of Nina Chanel Abney
|What is Nina Chanel Abney marital status ? (single, married, in relation or divorce):||Single|
|Is Nina Chanel Abney having any relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is Nina Chanel Abney lesbian ?:||No|
More about the relationship
Nina Chanel Abney keeps her low-profile when it comes to her personal life. To date, she hasn’t introduced anyone as her boyfriend or lover.
Abney’s current relationship status is possibly single. In further days, if she revealed anything about her love life then we will update it.
Who is Nina Chanel Abney?
Nina Chanel Abney is renowned as an American contemporary artist. She is best known for her work where she examines race, gender, pop culture, homophobia, and politics in her art.
The artist is also famous for her colorful graphic large-scale paintings where she explores her signature pop-surrealist style.
Nina Chanel Abney: Age, Family, Siblings, Ethnicity
Nina was born in Harvey, Illinois, the United States on June 4, 1982. She holds an American nationality and is of African-American descent.
Nina raised by her single mother named Karla, her aunt, and her grandparents in Chicago. Her mother was an artist by profession.
She met her biological father for the first time when he pulled her mother over for an alleged traffic violation while they were driving through Indiana.
She has a younger sister from her mother another marriage whose name is unknown at the moment.
Education & Early Life
Talking about her academic background, Nina attended Rich South Campus High School in Matteson, Illinois.
In 2004, she received a BFA with a dual major in studio art and computer science from Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois.
After graduation, she works as an assembly line worker at Ford Motor Company. Later, she quit after her co-worker gets their leg crushed in an accident.
Then, she enrolled at the Chicago Art Institute and the Parsons School of Design where she earned an MFA in 2007.
Nina Chanel Abney: Professional Life, Career
- In 2017, Nina made her first solo museum exhibition, Nina Chanel Abney: Royal Flush at the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University, Durham, North Carolina.
- The exhibition covered thirty of her paintings including watercolors, collages, and spans 10 years of her work.
- Her work has been include in numerous collections such as the Whitney Museum of American Art in New York, the Brooklyn Museum, and the Burger Collection in Hong Kong.
- In September 2018, she made a group exhibition at the Jeffery Deitch gallery entitled Punch which presented current socio-political issues in paintings, photographs, and sculptures.
- Some of her notable exhibitions are, I Dread To Think (2012), Always a winner (2015), Fair Grounds (2017), Hot to Trot. Not., (2018), and more.
To date, Nina hasn’t been part of any rumors and disputes that create headlines in the media. Also, she stays miles away from such sorts of controversial acts.
But while she was in high school, Nina and her sister were the only black children in their class at school where they were get teased by other students.
Nina Chanel Abney: Net Worth, Salary
Nina might have earned a handsome amount of fortune through her successful career as an artist. But she hasn’t yet revealed her current net worth, salary, and yearly income to the public.
Body Measurement: Height, Weight
Abney has a black pair of eyes and black hair as well. From her appearance, she seems tall in her stature but her exact height, weight, and other physics are still under the curtain at the moment.
It seems that she loves boy-cut hairstyles and she often wears a hat or cap.
Nina is active on Instagram with more than 84.2k followers. In August 2009, she joined Twitter where she has over 1.6k followers on his account.
However, she is not available on Facebook.
- Abney’s favorite emojis are the painting nails emoji and the poop emoji.
- As of 2021, she is 39 years old.
- She has a verified Instagram account.
- Currently, she resides in New York.