Is your partner ‘Love bombing’ you? Here are the signs
- Love bombing is demonstrating affection and attention by narcissists and abusers
- They show over-the-top love and gesture too soon
- Watching for such signs of love bombing is necessary
Love bombing is influencing a person by demonstrating affection and attention which psychologists have identified as a cycle of abuse.
It is said to be a manipulative tactic used by narcissists and abusers with a goal to make the recipient feel dependent and obligated to that person.
It is important to identify love bombing in a relationship. The owner of Intentional Hearts Counseling Services Lori Nixon Bethea said,
“Love bombers seek to quickly obtain the affection and attention of someone whom they are romantically pursuing by presenting an idealized image of themselves,”
It is unconscious behavior and the narcissist switches the affection to abuse and manipulation. A narcissistic person uses love bombing on their partner so the other person develops emotional, physical, and financial dependence.
It is a red flag and you should stay away from the person who loves bombing you. Everyone loves attention but someone who shows too much in the initial stage of a relationship is a big sign.
What are the signs of the love-bomber?
It is important to see the early signs of a love bombing so that it does not get serious in the future. A love bomber usually does these things:
- Your partner might show over-the-top gestures by sending inappropriate and expensive gifts. They might buy you tickets to expensive vacations and other expensive things.
- They are constantly praising you and expressing their undying love in a short period of time.
- Also, they might involve you in serious and personal matters too early.
- They will demand your love and affection. It may become unhealthy and to a point where they may isolate you from your friends and family.
- Your partner might force you to commit to them very early and will not take no for an answer.
- These people call, text, and message you 24/7. With the increase of time, communication feels one-sided.
How to deal with a Love-bombing?
It is necessary to stay away from the love-bomber. You should remove yourself from such manipulative relationships and ask for help.
You should talk to someone whom you feel safe with about how your partner is bombing you. Having open communication with them about their behavior can also help solve the problem.