Prenuptial agreements and popular celebrities! Know some of these interesting prenups!
Prenuptial agreements are increasingly being made by to-be-married couples in order to overcome uncertainties of marriages these days and also to safeguard an individual’s assets in case of separation results after marriage. These agreements are not enforceable by law in some countries but nonetheless, they may be given their due consideration during the divorce hearings.
The prenuptial agreements of some of the celebrities did make headlines due to their juiciness and uniqueness! So let us quickly go through some of these rather weird prenuptial agreements!
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom-Khloe Kardashian had opted for this prenuptial agreement with Lamar in order to protect her own assets.
In 2011, this businesswoman had said:
“Everybody needs a prenup! I mean, I don’t care if you make $5 or $5 million, in this day and age…people are crazy, you never know. And when you have businesses together, like we do, you have to protect yourself. It doesn’t mean you don’t love them.”
She had split from her husband in 2013, and though the details of this prenup have not been made public, it looks like Khloe did make a smart move since her net worth is $ 10 million more than that of Lamar Odom’s which was $ 30 million n 2017. She did manage to keep her share of the income to herself and did not lose any wealth in this relationship.
- The prenup of Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel has a rather funny clause which states that if Justin Timberlake cheats on Jessica Biel, he will have to pay Jessica $ 500000.
The couple has been dating each other since 2007 and got married in 2012. But if we look at the financial aspect of this agreement, it can be seen that $ 500000 which he promises to pay in case of infidelity it not even 1% of his net worth of $230 million.
- Jay Z and Beyonce-This power couple have a strict plan of action ready in case love ceases to exist between them. It was reported by Business Insider that their prenup states that in case of a separation, Beyonce would be paid $ 5 million by Jay-Z for each child that the couple bears.
Hence in case of any eventuality now, Beyonce would be liable to get $ 15 million; $ 5 million each for Blue Ivy, Rumi, and Sir Carter. The agreement also mentions that if their marriage ends before 2 years, Beyonce gets an amount of $ 10 million. For every year after that, if they remain married, Beyonce will get $ 1 million per year for 15 years. The total net worth of both currently has crossed the $ 1 billion mark.
- Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones-The couple are now married for almost 18 years. They tied the knot in 2000 and they also have a prenup in place in case of any unfortunate twist to their marriage. As per the prenup, in case of a divorce, Michael has to pay Catherine $ 2.8 million for each year of the marriage, New York Daily News had reported.
If Michael cheats on her, Catherine gets an additional $ 5 million. This seems a nice prenup but it would still soundless if one considers that Michael’s estimated net worth is around $ 290 million.
- Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan-Mark Zuckerberg have no prenup with his wife Priscilla but it is said that they did have a relationship agreement prior to marriage. Mark Zuckerberg is a wealthy man but his wife only wanted his time and attention.
Hence in the agreement, it has been pointed out that Mark has to give her a date once at least every week. Besides, Priscilla wants Mark to spend 100 minutes of alone time with her weekly and this has to be outside the office or their home. This does seem rather sweet!