Reinhard Genzel is a German astrophysicist who is famous for infrared astronomy and submillimetre astronomy. Reinhard is married to Orsolya Boroviczény.
More about the relationship
In 1976, Reinhard is married to Orsolya Boroviczény. His wife Orsolya studied medicine in Germany. Furthermore, she carried out her pediatrics residency in Boston and Oakland.
The couple together has two daughters: Daria and Lisa. The elder daughter was born in Boston in 1979, and the younger one, Lisa, in Berkeley in 1983.
Quick Facts of Reinhard Genzel
|Age:||70 years 3 months|
|Birth Date:||March 24, 1952|
|Full Name:||Reinhard Genzel|
|Birth Place:||West Germany|
|Net Worth:||$1.5 M|
|Father's Name:||Ludwig Genzel|
|Mother's Name:||Eva-Maria Genzel|
|Education:||Universities in Freiburg and Bonn|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|Last Update:||June, 2022|
|View more / View fewer|
Relationship Facts of Reinhard Genzel
- Reinhard Genzel is married to Orsolya Boroviczény.
- He is father of Two (Dario and Lisa).
- Reinhard Genzel is not having an affair with anyone presently.
- His sexual orientation is straight.
Who is Reinhard Genzel?
Reinhard Genzel is a German astrophysicist who is famous for infrared astronomy and submillimetre astronomy. Also, he is the director of the Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics.
He works as a professor at LMU. In addition to that, he is an emeritus professor at the University of California, Berkeley.
His interest in experimental astrophysics led him to study the physical processes, the evolution of active galaxies, and their central region along with his research group.
Subsequently, he was awarded 2020 ‘The Nobel Price in Physics’ for discovering supermassive compact objects at the center of the galaxy.
Reinhard Genzel- Birth, Age, Ethnicity, Siblings, Education
On March 24, 1952 in Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Hesse, West Germany he started his first breathe. His birth sign is Aries. Reinhard is a 69-year-old German.
Genzel’s parents are Eva-Maria Genzel and Ludwig Genzel. His father was a professor for solid-state physics. Not only that, there is a prize awarded to young scientists in his father’s name. The detailed information of his siblings is not available.
Reinhard Genzel- Height, Weight & Physical Appearance
Details regarding his height, weight, and build are not available at the moment. He has a white skin tone.
Genzel has blonde hair and grey eyes. Also, he has light brown hair and keeps a mustache.
Reinhard Genzel- Career & Research
In 1978, Genzel completed his Ph.D. at the University of Freiburg and the University of Bonn in physics. Later that year, he did his Ph.D. thesis on radioastronomy at the Max Planck Institute for Radio Astronomy.
Afterward, he worked at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in Cambridge. In 1986, he became a Scientific Member of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft. Along with his researcher’s group, he carried out research based on gravitational redshift.
Also in 2018, Reinhard Genzel discovered three flares in the galactic center and published a paper explaining its immediate vicinity observation along with its brightness outburst. Meanwhile, Genzel’s group also discovered the speed at which gas is swirling, which is 30 percent of the speed of light in line with the theory.
Awards won by Genzel
- Otto Hahn Medal (1980)
- Balzan Prize (2003)
- Shaw Prize (2008)
- Crafoord Prize (2012)
- Tycho Brahe Prize (2012)
- Harvey Prize (2014)
- Nobel Prize in Physics (2020)
Membership of Scientific societies
- Firstly, he became a fellow of the American Physical Society in 1985.
- Next, he was selected as a Foreign Member of the Académie des Sciences (Institut de France) in 1998.
- Meanwhile, in 2000 he became a Foreign Member of the United States National Academy of Sciences.
- In 2002 , he joined as a Member of the Deutsche Akademie der Naturforscher Leopoldina
- Later, he was elected as a Senior Member of the Bayerische Akademie der Wissenschaften in 2003.
- In the year 2011, he joined as a foreign member of the Royal Spanish Academy of Sciences.
- Afterward, in 2013 he joined as a Foreign Member of the Royal Society of London.
- Recently, he become a member of the political academy.
Reinhard Genzel- Net worth, Salary
Genzel has a net worth of around $1.5 million as of 2022. His source of earning is his profession as a lecturer. His per-year pay is not disclosed to date.
- Genzel is co-winner of the 2020 Nobel Prize in Physics, with Roger Penrose and Andrea Ghez, for research on black holes.