Elliot Page divorcing wife Emma Portner after coming out as a transgender! A complete relationship timeline of the couple
“After much thought and careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to divorce following our separation last summer. We have the utmost respect for each other and remain close friends.”
The news of their divorce came just two months after Elliot came out as transgender. He filed for a contested divorce on 25th January 2021 in Manhattan Supreme Court.
As per New York’s definition of a contested divorce, if a person and their spouse disagree on at least one aspect of divorce at the time of filing.
Relationship timeline of Elliot Page and Emma Portner
- 2017: Elliot Page and Emma Portner met each other in the year 2017 through social media. Elliot noticed Emma in the dance video of her on the song by Sylvan Esso that was shared by the band on Instagram. He was instantly attracted to her and messaged her. Emma has noticed Page since she saw one of Elliot’s films when she was 12 years old.
- 27 June 2017: Soon after that, they collaborated on Emma’s dance video on the song Lucky. In the video, Elliot sang the acoustic cover and Portner performed a live dance.
- August 2017: Again, they did a video together where they danced in the song Slack Jaw by Sylvan Esso.
- 27th September 2017: The two made their first public appearances at the LA premiere of Elliot’s film Flatliners. He was happy to have a supportive girlfriend by his side.
- 13th October 2017: Emma talked about the public attention she is getting as a girlfriend of a celebrity. She said,
“It’s quite crazy. But if anything, I’m happy for it. We try to hold hands in public. I try to join him at movie premieres … It’s a chance for queerness to be out in the open.”
More on their relationship
- January 2018: After dating for some months, Emma and Elliot walked down the aisle secretly. They announced their marriage on 3rd January by wearing matching wedding rings.
- 27th December 2018: Emma talked about the positive impact Elliot had on her. She disclosed that even they are not perfect they respect each other.
- 2nd June 2019: They celebrated Pride month by posting a black and white topless photo of each other.
- 4th August 2020: Elliot revealed that his wife is one of the talented people he ever met. He loves watching her perform live.
- 2nd December 2020: After Page came out as a transgender, Portner supported him.
“I also ask for patience and privacy but that you join me in the fervent support of trans life every single day. Elliot’s existence is a gift in and of itself. Shine on sweet E. Love you so much.”
- 6th January 2021: Elliot filed for a divorce after three years of marriage.
Short bio on Elliot Page
Elliot Page is one of the popular Canadian actors. He is most popular for his performance in the movie like, ‘Hard Candy,’ and also win our hearts as a pregnant teen in ‘Juno.’ He follows a vegan lifestyle.
Moreover, he was also named as one of the Sexiest Vegetarians of 2014. At a human rights campaign in Las Vegas on February 14, 2014, Page revealed his homosexuality and came out as a lesbian. Read more bio…