Ellen Degeneres and Portia de Rossi celebrated their 13th Wedding Anniversary!
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi celebrated their 13th wedding anniversary
- The couple walked down the aisle in August 2008
- Their married life has been going extremely well
Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi are celebrating their 13th wedding anniversary! Ellen honored her wife Portia with a romantic tribute in honor of her wife. DeGeneres shared the selfie of the pair which she captioned as,
“Happy anniversary, Portia. I’m the luckiest girl in the world because I get to share my life with you.”
Portia marked the special occasion by sharing carousel photos of their relationship over the years. She wrote,
“13 years ago I married the love of my life. And it just keeps getting better.”
The comedienne’s better half also posted the joyous occasion. The Ally McBeal actress shared photos of the couple from over the years.
Relationship of Ellen and Portia de Rossi
- 2000: Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi met each other at a party in 2000. At the time, Portia had not spoken about her sexuality.
- 2004: Again in 2004, they saw each other at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. They started dating each other just after that.
- 2005: Portia opened up about being gay and her relationship changed her outlook on life in August 2005. She added,
“Just being a couple — being able to walk down a red carpet holding her hand, that’s exciting for me. I respect her so much. She was so courageous and so loud in ’97, and now she is doing something that is more subliminal. She’s changing the world, she really is, and it’s exciting to be a part of that.”
- 2008: The couple walked down the aisle in August 2008 shortly after the Supreme Court of California made it legal for same-sex couples to get married.
- 2009: DeGeneres revealed that she feels lucky to get married to Portia.
- 2015: There were divorce rumors about the couple but Ellen cleared that their marriage is working fine.
- 2018: Portia gifted her a gorilla sanctuary for her 60th birthday.
- 2021: Ellen and Portia celebrated their 13th wedding anniversary.
Short bio on Ellen DeGeneres
Ellen is an American comedian, television host, actress, writer, and producer. Ellen was starred in the sitcom Ellen.
She is a host of an Emmy-winning Syndicated TV talk show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
She is best known to young audiences as the voice of the endearing but absent-minded fish Dory in the blockbuster animated hit Finding Nemo. Read more bio…