Facts of David Geffen
|Full Name:||David Geffen|
|Age:||77 years 3 months|
|Birth Date:||February 21, 1943|
|Birth Place:||New York City|
|Net Worth:||$7.8 billion|
|Height / How tall :||5 feet 9 inches (1.75m)|
|Father's Name:||Abraham Geffen|
|Mother's Name:||Batya Volovskaya|
|Lucky Color:||Sea Green|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Cancer, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of David Geffen|
Relationship Statistics of David Geffen
|What is David Geffen marital status ? (single, married, in relation or divorce):||Single|
|Is David Geffen having any relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is David Geffen gay ?:||Yes|
More about the relationship
David Geffen’s current relationship status is possibly single. While it comes to the relationship, he had never expressed a lot. However, in 1992, he came out as gay.
Previously, he was in a relationship with the singer, Cher. They started dating in 1974. Later, they ended their relationship after 11 years in 1985. In 2012, during an interview, Cher mentioned at the point of his life, he was the right person.
Who is David Geffen?
American David Geffen is a business personality and Producer. He is the co-founder of the recording label, Asylum Records.
Recently, David posted a self-seclusion picture on a luxury superyacht, Rising Sun. In the post, he mentioned that he is hoping that everybody is staying safe.
For the posted, he faced the backlashed by the many followers including the TV personality, Meghan McCain who tweeted that his action was just shameful and grotesque.
David Geffen- Birth, Age, Ethnicity, Parents, Siblings
He was born as David Lawrence Geffen on the 21st of February 1943 in New York City.
His father, Abraham Geffen was a pattern maker. His mother, Batya Volovskaya used to own a clothing line store, Chic Corsets in Borough Park. They met Mandatory Palestine. Later, they migrated to the United Nation.
He had a brother, Mitchell Geffen. They are of Ashkenazi Jewish ethnicity. Mitchell was an attorney by profession.
In 1960, he graduated from New Utrecht High School in Brooklyn, New York. Later, he attended the University of Texas at Austin for a semester only.
Later, he joined Brooklyn College in New York. However, he dropped out of college as well.
In his early career, he went through many odd jobs including usher at CBS-TV Studio and receptionist position in the CBS series, The Reporters. However, he was fired from the job when he suggests some improvement in the scripts.
Later, he started his career as an agent when the casting director of the show jokingly remarked that he might be a great agent. After that, he started working with the William Morris Talent Agency.
David Geffen- Professional Career
– In a very small time interval as a music agent, David Geffen started managing the artist like Laura Nyro. Moving forwards, he maintained good relations with the coming stars including Joni Michell, Janis Joplin, Crosby, and Stills.
– In 1970, he co-founded the recording label, Asylum Records with Elliot Roberts. The recording label became famous for the Southern California folk-rock. By the time, it also signed the artist like Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Tom Waits and bands like the Eagles.
– In 1971, he sold Asylum Records to Warner Communications which turned out to be the biggest deal at the time. However, he remained to be the president of the recording label after the merger too. In 1977, he took semi-retirement as he was diagnosed with cancer.
– Moving forwards, in 1980, he founded Geffen Records with the capital investment with Warner Bros. Records. Later, he expanded the recording label to Geffen Film Company with the help of Warner. Under the production house, he produced the broadway musical like Dreamgirls, Little Shop of Horrors, and Cats.
– In 1994, he founded the studio, DreamWorks SKG studio along with the filmmakers like Steven Spielberg and Jeffrey Katzenberg. Later, in 2008, he left the studio.
Geffen’s Awards & Honors
- 1990- Daytime Emmy for Beetlejuice.
- 2010- Ahmet Ertegun Award by Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- 2011- President’s Merit Award for his contribution to the music industry.
David’s Net Worth, Salary
In the entertainment world, he the richest man in the world with a net worth of $7.8 billion. In 1990, he sold the Geffen Records for $550 million.
A year ago, in 1989, he made the business with the recording label that worth $225 million. Also, he owns the super yard, Rising Sun that worth $590 million in the present value.
Body Measurements: Height, Weight
David Geffen has blue eyes with light hair. His height is 5 feet 9 inches and weighs around 80 kg.
Social Media Profiles
Last, Geffen was active on Instagram with the handle, @davidgeffen with around 83.5k followers.
He is not seen on Facebook and Twitter.