Facts of Richard Perry
|Full Name:||Richard Perry|
|Age:||78 years 5 months|
|Birth Date:||June 18, 1942|
|Birth Place:||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Net Worth:||$ 10 million|
|Salary:||$27k to $147k|
|Education:||University of Michigan|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius, Libra|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Richard Perry|
Relationship Statistics of Richard Perry
|What is Richard Perry marital status ? (single, married, in relation or divorce):||Divorce|
|Is Richard Perry having any relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is Richard Perry gay ?:||No|
More about the relationship
Richard Perry’s current relationship status is possibly single.
Previously, he was in a relationship with the actress, Jane Fonda. The couple started dating in 2008. After dating for over a decade, they broke up with each other in January 2017.
Before that, he was married to the actress, Rebecca Broussard. They married on 18th July 1987. In less than a year, the couple got separated from each other via divorce on 12th January 1988.
There is no information about his children in the media.
Who is Richard Perry?
American Richard Perry is an Outstanding Achievement Award-winning legendary record producer. He is renowned for his hit production including God Bless Tiny Tim, Fats is Black, and Nilsson Schmilsson.
Billboard Magazine named him as the Producer of the Year in 1997.
Richard Perry- Age, Parents, Ethnicity, Education
Richard Perry was born on 18th June 1942 in Brooklyn, New York, United States. He is of British-Welsh ethnicity.
To date, he has not shared any details on his family background including his father, mother, and siblings. Since his childhood, he was in love with music. At the age of 12, he attended Alan Freed’s live rock shows at the Paramount Theater. At the age of 14, he formed his first local band. Two years later, he formed his vocal group, Doo-Wop.
Moving toward his academics, he attended the University of Michigan to study Music and Drama. During the university, he used to be a member of 33 voice Michigan Men’s Glee Club. Along with the club, he performed at various international festivals.
Prior to that, in 1960, he graduated from the Poly Prep Country Day School.
Richard Perry- Professional Career
– In June 1965, Richard Perry formed his first record production, Cloud Nine Production.
– In March 1967, he moved to Los Angeles and produced his first album, Safe As Milk Captain Beefheart. The year, he attended the Monterey International Pop Festival which changed his music career for good. In the fest, he met with the artist like Janis Joplin and Jimmy Hendrix.
– In November 1967, he joined the Warner Bros. Record as a staff producer and gave his first hit, God Bless Tiny Tim. Along with the Warner Bros, he produced the albums along with the music artists like Fats Domino and Ella Fitzgerald.
– By the 1970s, he has been an established record producer. In 1970, he produced Barbra Streisand’s LP, Stoney End Lo. The following year, he was associated with Harry Nilsson and produced Harry’s career-best album, NILSSON SCHMILSSON for which he was nominated for four Grammy Awards.
– In 1973, Rolling Stone Magazine named him as the Producer of the year. After that, he worked on the music projects like RINGO for Ringo Starr, BREAKAWAY for At Garfunkel, and ENDLESS FLIGHT for Leo Sayer.
– In 1978, he established his record label, Planet Record that he sold to RCA after six years.
– In 1988, his production work, It’s Just A Matter Of Time was nominated for the Grammy Nomination as #1 country hit.
-Later, in 1992, he worked on the solo singles of Ray Charles that earned Charles the 1994 Grammy Award for best classic Leon Russell composition. In 1999, he worked with the new project, The Great American Songbook Volumes 1,2, and 3 with Rod Stewart which became the biggest selling ongoing series.
– Last, in 2007, he produced and sang for the studio album, Some Enchanted Evening.
Richard Perry- Net Worth, Salary
As of 2020, he has an estimated net worth of $10 million. His earnings as a record producer are in the range of $27k to $147k. Besides that, he also makes through the royalties of his music too.
Back in 2018, the music producer sold his house in Beverly Hills for $8.535 million. He had owned the house for six years. He had bought the home six years ago for $7.2 million along with his former partner, Jane Fonda.
The house was built in 1961. The late TV producer, John Rich owned the house previously.
Body Measurements- Height & Weight
Richard Perry has brown eyes with light hair. He has a decent height and an average weight. Details on his body stats are not available.
Controversy & Rumors
To date, he has not been involved in any sort of controversy and scandals that created a buzz in the media.
However, he has been in the headlines for the relationship with his former partner, Jane. Back in 2014, there was the news that the actress has given an ultimatum to the record producer to leave him if he doesn’t take his Parkinson’s Disease seriously.
Richard has a Facebook account with around 596 followers. Last, he was last active on this social media platform on 21st December 2010.
He is not available on Instagram and Twitter.